Sihanoukville (also called Kompong Som in khmer),is a young seaside town known for its wonderful beaches and its surrounding islands.
The city has the only one port in Cambodia, which construction began in June 1955.
You will find many beaches along the city's coasts. Otres beach, where we are located, became 8th over 25, in the top 25 best beaches in Asia. Sihanoukville was selected by TripAdvisor as one the 10 destinations on the rise in the world.
Sihanoukville is served by Sihanoukville Internation Airport at 18km (11 mi) from downtown with regular flights to and from Siem Reap.
Many bus connections are possible to and from Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
By car, Sihanoukville is easily reachable within 3 or 4 hours drive from and to Phnom Penh.
Point of interests
Sihanoukville is an extensive city with different districts :
- Otres Beach located at 10km from downtown and is well know for its pristine water. Nearby, Otres market takes place every Saturday night in Otres village.
- Occheuteal and Serendipity beaches are famous to be lively and busy beaches with a wide range of restaurants and shops at night.
- Downtown area and main market (Psar Leu) are the hub of the city where the banks and teh supermarkets are located.
- The surrounding islands : from koh Rong to Koh Ta Kiev, a wide range of unspoilt islands are to discovered within a day trip.
- Kbal chhay waterfalls is a popular place for the local population to rest and pic-nic during week-ends.
- The Ream national park is famous for its mangroves, its beaches and its islands.